Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Show & Tell: Dying to Show You

My "Starry Night" handbag (shown in class) was my inspiration for collecting unusual and unique bags. Over the years I've amassed an extensive collection. Can you believe someone made a handbag from a Maryland license plate? Even the rubber used for the strap is recycled material from the tires. Santa is carved of monkey wood. Timmy Woods does a new Santa wooden design every year. The zipper purse is loads of fun. Mine is black, but this photo (in orange) better shows the process of assembly.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Janet, love these. I am sorry I missed these in class on Saturday. I hope to get my new coach purse for Christmas (yes I am that person) when it comes to bags.

michelle said...

i love love love the zipper bag you brought in! i like when i can interact with the things i buy. same goes for food--which explains my love for hard crabs and other hand-held edible treats.