Friday, October 12, 2007

Usual item, unusual use


I am fascinated with handbags. Over the years, I've amassed a sizable collection of very unique and unusual handbags. My collection includes Van Gogh's "Starry Night" on a woven wood bag, a Santa bag carved of monkey wood, a bag formed from a Maryland license plate, and even a bag that was once a cigar box (still seasoned by the divine scent of Arturo Fuente cigars that once occupied the case).

I recently acquired two handbags (very different designs) made completely of duct tape. Size and function are not really the goal with these bags; both are barely large enough to hold the essentials. Aesthetics and individuality is what it's all about. They are little works of art and fun conversation pieces.

Check out this Web site:

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love bags too. Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings. I have it all over my apartment. I would love to see a pic of your bag.

Go Ravens!